Need Legal representation?Contact Richard today
Richard Q. Lewis III holds a Master of Laws in Taxation. Lewis is AV-Rated by Martindale Hubbell and named a Rising Star by Florida Super Lawyers. His education, credentials and experience are matched only by his commitment to meeting the highest standards of legal representation for his clients.
Richard graduated with honors from law school and accepted a position at the largest and oldest law firm in St. Augustine, Florida. After obtaining a partnership in the firm, in order to better meet the needs of his clients, Richard left to pursue his Master of Laws in Taxation from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.
While in Washington, D.C. Richard was appointed as an Assistant Attorney General for the District of Columbia, Richard represented the District in hundreds of litigation cases involving the assessment and collection of real estate and sales taxes.
Richard went back into private practice and accepted a position as a Corporate and Tax Attorney at a large national law firm with offices throughout the South and Midwest. While at this firm, Richard handled hundreds of commercial transactions for private and public clients.
In 2015, Richard returned to his hometown of St. Augustine, Florida, and accepted a position with one of the oldest law firms in Florida. He left this position and opened Richard Q. Lewis III, Esq., PA, in order to provide his clients with more efficient and responsive legal services.
In the practice of law, a lawyer’s reputation is everything and Richard’s practice is built on client referrals.
- University of North Florida, B.A., 1999
- Georgetown University, LL.M. in Taxation, 2010
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., cum laude, 2002
- The Florida Bar (2003)
- The District of Columbia Bar (2010)
- U.S. Tax Court
- Florida State Courts
- Athlete Agent (Florida License AG1569)
- St. Johns County Bar Association, Member 2003-2018
- Tax Section, American Bar Association and the Florida Bar , Member 2011-2018
- Real Property, Trust and Estates Section of the Florida Bar, Member 2011-2015
- Sole Practitioner Section, The Florida Bar, 2018
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Business Law Section, Chair, 2014-2015
- Edgar Murdock Inn of Court, Washington, D.C., Associate Member 2010
- Small Business Council, Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, 2012 –2015
- Young Professionals Group, Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, 2011-2015
- St. Johns River State College, Adjunct Professor, Business Law I, Business Law II, and Legal Terminology, 2005-2012
- Habitat for Humanity of St. Augustine/St. Johns County, Board Member, 2005-2006
- YMCA of St. Augustine, Board Member, 2007-2009
- Character Counts of St. Johns County, Board Member, 2006-2009
- Presenter, Florida Revised Limited Liability Company Act to the Small Business Council of the St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce (August 2015)
- Presenter, Sarasota Memorial Healthcare Foundation, Inc., Effect of the “New” 3.8% Medicare Contribution Tax on Trusts and Estates
- Presenter, Suncoast Technology Forum, The Florida Revised Limited Liability Company Act
- Presenter, Metlife Insurance Company, The Essentials of Successful Estate Planning
- Virtual Currency; Real Tax Implications, Vol. 32, No. 1, THE DOCKET, Page 3, 5 (January 2015)
- Subcommittee Report on Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs, Voluntary Disclosure & Compliance Subcommittee, Committee on Civil and Criminal Tax Penalties, American Bar Association (2014)
- Are Tax Expenditures Reaching Their Goals? A View from the Fiscal Cliff, Vol. 27, No.4, Florida Bar Journal, 28-31 (April 2013)